- This event has passed.
Electrical Tech Day
The class will be an all day event including demonstrations and hands-on activities. Bring your voltmeter and soldering gun, if you have one. Presumably, the club will pick up the tab for lunch (action item for the next meeting).
Here is a list of the topics I hope to cover (time will be the limiting factor):
– DC fundamentals: Volts, Amps, Ohms & Watts
– Schematic diagrams & symbols
– Switches, relays & solenoids
– Motors: permanent magnet and series wound (starter & winch motors), dynamic braking
– Ignition systems: Coil, points, distributor, wires & spark plugs
– Charging systems: Alternator/generator, Amp/volt meter, battery & regulator
– Gauges & sensors v senders
– Dual battery options
– Wire gauge, circuit breakers, fuses, fusible links and grounding
– Crimping, splicing, soldering & shrink tube
– Troubleshooting techniques
– Tips on using a volt/amp/ohm meter
– Some unusual circuits explained
What did I miss? I you have a specific topic you want to cover, please let me know so I’m prepared. I will be bringing stuff so we can have as many hands-on experiences as possible. Also, please post if you plan to attend so I know how much to print.
Hope to see you on the 9th.